Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tutorial Drawing proccess (from title block ,format ,template ,logo insert ,etc to wizard views)

Siemens Builder Siemens Builder
Siemens Builder

Hi Experts,

a customer that is bound to use NX9 wants to know about the complete process to draw and build

a new title block and format sheet (of course they want that attributes about populate name,date,etc were at same at now) and insert an image of their Logo too.

Then ,they want these new formats were Templates to select when they create a new Drawing(from Master or Stand alone style).

I want ask You about if someone knows there is material(as tutorial PPt or similar) that I can follow to teach them about this complete proccess.

Thanks in advanced for your help!!

7 REPLIES

Re: Tutorial Drawing proccess (from title block ,format ,template ,logo insert ,etc to wizard views)

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hi FidelM,

Is your question is, how to create thier own company template for drawing?

if so, we have received the same question from a customer.

follow this link, it will give you a step by step process.

http://allyplm.com/knowledgebase/2013/1/30/how-to-create-a-drawing-template-and-add-to-nx-75-templat...

This link helps me a lot.

By the way, they need administrative previlage to create new drawing template.

Hope this helps you.

Have a good day!

Re: Tutorial Drawing proccess (from title block ,format ,template ,logo insert ,etc to wizard views)

Siemens Builder

dear Jahnsen,

thanks a lot for your reply but unfortunetealy the explanation that you suggest me is for Nx 7.5 and it does not explain about construction of title block ,attributes ,logo image insertion.....

Apart from this , I think in NX9 there is a way to define drawings as a templates that does not require You to edit the files about declare new template outside NX programm.

Anyway ,I apreciate a lot your suggestions...

regards

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hi FidelM,

actually same goes for the versions of NX 7.5 upto 10.

it is hard to explain here on how to create a title block, insert a logo, etc.

actually you can find videos online (specially on youtube) on how to create them.

if you would like, i can give you some links.

Siemens Builder

Hi Jahnsen,

thanks again....I understand.

I was looking for a tutorial or document that covers all the steps doing a Drawing from zero to  insert views in NX9.....that really surprise me is that there is not this kind of material.

I consider that is not a special thing to do when You starts designing with new software.

I will try to do this material in order to explain and deliver to this costumer this information.

regards,

Phenom
Phenom

This link has all kinds of stuff on drawing template ETC.  They are really good videos.

https://vimeo.com/phoenxplm/videos

Siemens Builder

Hi,

thanks a lot !!!,

I found some interesting things from the videos You recommend me......

Now I have to traslate part of that info for our costumer.....I think I will be able to make documentation based on video explanations!!!!

regards

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

@sdeters, thanks for the nice review.

Anthony Galante, Senior Support Engineer
PhoenxPLM
24 versions of NX installed: NX4 to NX12, plus TC11.2