cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDF

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello all,

Where can i find udf files (location in NX installation folder) that i have made. And how can I delete a UDF, is there any option in wizard, insert or replace options.

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: UDF

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @ABC3,

Where can i find udf files (location in NX installation folder) that i have made.

Menu > Tools > User Defined Feature > Configure Library > Reload 

The default location for these files is C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 11.0\UGII\udf

how can I delete a UDF, is there any option in wizard, insert or replace options.

To replace you could try "Menu > Tools > User Defined Feature > Replace...".

To delete, you'll have to locate your udf_database.txt file (per Configure Library) and then remove the line referencing your UDF.  You can then delete the corresponding UDF part and image file (typically the path defined in the Default File Directory per Configure Library, if it's not saved in the udf_database.txt file).  You can also replace a UDF using the same manual edit procedure of the udf_database.txt file.

Regards, Ben

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hi,

is there a way to redefine UDF. I mean, I forgot to add one of expressions as user parameter. I just can't figure this out even with documentation. And it seems the only way to do this, is to delete and recreate UDF?

Thanks

Phenom
Phenom

Yes you can edit the UDF definition.

To do this locate the UDF part file as described earlier and open that part in NX. You can now add/modify/delete features etc. as required. Then if you double click the UDF feature (last one in the tree) the wizard dialog will open up where you can change the features included and define new parameters, references etc.

NOTE: If you want to delete any features it is important that first you edit the UDF definition and remove them from the list of included features. If you don't do this, deleting the feature will also delete the UDF definition!

Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | C# | KF
Production: NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit Testing: NX9.0.2.5

Pioneer
Pioneer
Ahh, thanks. Its was to simple to figure this out on my own Smiley Happy