Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UGPART-MASSPROP form and Center of Mass coordinates

Legend
Legend

I noticed that if I run mass report from NX, and then get excel report - the values of center mass data is correct,

but what strange value hold in teamcenter UGPART-MASSPROP form for center of mass? What difference?

11 REPLIES

Re: UGPART-MASSPROP form and Center of Mass coordinates

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @alex_c,

I performed a simple test by creating a part and then modifying it to update its center of mass.  The values in the UGPART-MASSPR form in Teamcenter were identical to those reported using the Advanced Mass Properties > Advanced Weight Management in NX (before and after update).

• Which command are you using in NX to calculate the mass?
  • Do you have "Generate Weight Data" checked in your save options?
  • Are you refreshing your dataset's named reference prior to opening the form?

Regards, Ben

Legend
Legend

@BenBroad wrote:

Hi @alex_c,

I performed a simple test by creating a part and then modifying it to update its center of mass.  The values in the UGPART-MASSPR form in Teamcenter were identical to those reported using the Advanced Mass Properties > Advanced Weight Management in NX (before and after update).

• Which command are you using in NX to calculate the mass?
  • Do you have "Generate Weight Data" checked in your save options?
  • Are you refreshing your dataset's named reference prior to opening the form?

Regards, Ben

Try another expirement - create assembly with at least 1 or 2 parts, and make quantity of some component more then 1, and after you've get mass report you'll see center of mass data for each occurence of component.

I think if component only one in the assembly then values in teamcenter form and NX mass report are eaquals,as at your test, but what about scenario when we have more than one occurence of component in assembly where each component have its own position coordinates?

An assembly has no mass in NX and hence the UGPART_MASSPR does not give a center of mass.  How are you getting a mass for your assembly?

Legend
Legend

@BenBroad wrote:

An assembly has no mass in NX and hence the UGPART_MASSPR does not give a center of mass.  How are you getting a mass for your assembly?

I mean not assembly mass, but mass of component in assembly. Component wich have more then 1 occurence.

Look at this screens

s1.JPG

We have component 493451/A wich precent in assembly twice. And after I've got mass report I see the Center of mass data for each occurence of component.

s2.JPGs3.JPG

And in MASSPROPS form what Z coordinate represent in this case?

s4.JPG

If component would have only one occurence - the task is simple. But if we have many occurences so then each occurence has own center of mass data, but in teamcenter massprop form will be different value

I hope I've explained informative the question

Legend
Legend

Hi @alex_c

The Center of Mass of TC is point coordinate about Absolute Csys of the Part.

The Center of Mass of Weight Management is point coordinate about Work Csys of current displayed Assembly.

The positions of each 493451 component is not same.

Center of Mass point is not same.

(You may moved a component 100mm along Z axis.)

Sunkap Ahn, Senior Support Engineer

logo

Legend
Legend

Thanks SKAHN!

Is there capability to see center of mass for each occurence of component in teamcenter?

Legend
Legend
Hi alex_c

I dont think so.
A Part can be used for many assemblies.
Piece part can not contain positional information for all of parents assemblies.

Sunkap Ahn, Senior Support Engineer

logo

Legend
Legend
We have department wich work with weight/mass data and characteristics and they want to have a mass report with center of mass data included from teamcenter.
As I now understand - we need use the report that NX generate, cause it's hold correct mass characteristic data for each occurence, and teamcenter MASSPROP-form data is inappropriate for that

Hi @alex_c,

Maybe look into the Teamcenter Center of Mass Rollup Report?

Regards, Ben