Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[URGENT] Pop-up "You must end the current function before using this palette entry."

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Greetings everyone,

One of our customers is trying to open one part file from history palette (right after starting NX). They are getting this error.

palette.png

There is some license issue for them right now so I cant work on this error. Thought some of you might be aware of this & will have solution/possible causes?

It's a bit urgent.

Thanks.

Paras Raina
Sr. Application Engineer | Solid Edge ST10 | NX 11
MSC Systems Pvt. Ltd. (India)
4 REPLIES

Re: [URGENT] Pop-up "You must end the current function before using this palette entry."

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You get this message when another command is active.

Steve V

Re: [URGENT] Pop-up "You must end the current function before using this palette entry."

Solution Partner Genius

@StevenVickers

There wasn't any command active (they also tried restarting NX). I might be wrong.

It's solved now, though. After resolving their licensing issue & restarting the system, I went back to NX, & surprisingly this error disappeared.

Still, thanks for the information. That would help me in future in case I face anything similar to this.

Paras Raina

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

There's only one recent known issue regarding this message and it also occurred when opening from the Part History: PR 7760944.  Do you know if your customer is using any custom code similar to what is reported in the PR?

Regards, Ben

Solution Partner Genius

BenBroad wrote:

There's only one recent known issue regarding this message and it also occurred when opening from the Part History: PR 7760944.  Do you know if your customer is using any custom code similar to what is reported in the PR?

Regards, Ben

Hi @BenBroad

No, it was an 'almost' fresh installation. By fresh, I mean just a week or so.

They were on a 7-day trial, but when I later loaded their NX with their permanent copy, it fixed the error. Sounds crazy, right?

The PR is correct on one thing though, the error occurs when opening a part from history palette. I don't think it's related to any custom code.

It must be some service or process going on in the background, but after loading a new license, that must have refreshed. Just a guess.

Paras Raina