Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to measure Bodies in NX9

Creator
Creator

Hello Guys,

For a particular model, When i try calculate mass using Measure Bodies option, It shows alert as Some of the selected entities are invalid for mass properties. Please help me in this. Please refer attached snap

7 REPLIES

Re: Unable to measure Bodies in NX9

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

The model is probably a sheet body and/or it has geometry errors.

Open the model file, start the examine geometry command, turn on all the body checks and the self-intersection face check, window select around the entire model (this will select all the faces and edges along with the solid/sheet body(ies)), and press the examine geometry button. If any of the tests fail, you will need to edit the model so that it passes the tests.

Creator
Creator

Hi cowski1,

I tried the examine geometry command with the model and it shows all the geometry has passed. Please refer attached image

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

This is either a case for GTAC, or you upload the model here...

In the first image, NX notes "Solid body( in group) selected" and yet still the volume is zero.

Can you check if all the face normals point outwards from the solid ?

press Ctrl+ I, set the selecttion filter to Face, drag a rectangle around the body, OK

Dismiss the info window, all the arrows in the graphics should point out from the volume.

Regards,

Tomas

Creator
Creator

Tomas,

Here i am uploading the issue model please look into it and help please

Thanks in advance

Dinesh

Phenom
Phenom

I analyze your part, set the geometric G0 tolerance at 0.001 in the law extension, trimmed sheet and sew. Some blends failed, reassociate the blends.

Ciao

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

If you leave the tolerances alone, the measure body works after the thicken command, but not after the "move face" command. "Move face" should not invalidate a simple model like this; I'd suggest showing it to GTAC.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

yes, this is a case for Gtac.
 even if the model is built in a very complicated way, it should not become corrupted.

This model should rather be say 7 features. 

Regards,

Tomas