Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfolded View in drafting NX 9

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I have attached part file, I would like to show unfolded view in drafting. Can anyone help how to create for the attached part file.

Thanks,

Yunus

6 REPLIES

Re: Unfolded View in drafting NX 9

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor
When I think of an unfolded view, I think of a flattened sheet metal part - which this clearly is not. Can you be more specific of the type of view that you're looking for? Maybe upload an image of an example?

Regards, Ben

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I have not looked at the contents of the zip file, but I'm guessing an unfolded section view.

Thanks @cowski1. @Yunis, I realize you're using NX9, however, the NX11 documentation gives a step by step on creating unfolded section views. Does this help?
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11/nx_help/#uid:xid1128417:index_drafting:id701309:v...

Regards, Ben

Is this anything like what you're trying to accomplish?

unfolded.png

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I just wanted to show the starting point of helical groove from the centerline. If we have development length of the cylinder it is easy to show. Unfortunately I dont have a sketch right now, I will try to post you by tomorrow. However is it possible to have development length of cylinder in NX? similar to flat pattern? How do we create for this particular file.

Thanks,

Yunus

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

It is similar to the section you have shown, but I wanted to show only upper half of the cylinder by taking section on the outer periphery. Is it possible to have such section in NX9?

If yes, please help. Let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks,

Yunus