Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until the part is open the drafting annotations are empty ?

Genius
Genius

Hello

Until the part is open the drafting annotations are empty ?

Why so ? Why NX 9.0 is unable to get the Bend Annotation data without the 3D Part being open at the same time as drafting.

empty open.jpg

8 REPLIES

Re: Until the part is open the drafting annotations are empty ?

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

What are your load options for the drawing part?

Genius
Genius

Where can I see the Load Options ?

Siemens Genius

File-->Assembly Load Option

2017-03-22 09_56_20-.png

Genius
Genius

What to select and check for best results ?

(Teamcenter is in use)

PART42424.jpg

Siemens Genius

Now check your reference sets - looks like you have a drawing of a sheet metal part, and are trying to make a view of the flat pattern. 

If this is the case, then the flat pattern data is in the "FLAT_PATTERN_OBJECTS" reference set.  If this is the case, please set that and update the views (force them to update, using Update Views).  Does all the information now appear?

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

JGray wrote:

Now check your reference sets - looks like you have a drawing of a sheet metal part, and are trying to make a view of the flat pattern. 

If this is the case, then the flat pattern data is in the "FLAT_PATTERN_OBJECTS" reference set.  If this is the case, please set that and update the views (force them to update, using Update Views).  Does all the information now appear?

I think the current "recommended practice" is to add the flat pattern view from the model file (a view is created in the model file when the flat pattern is created); rather than messing about with reference sets.

In the load options "scope", try turning off the "partial loading" option. I'm not sure, but NX may not load the bend data of a partially loaded part.

Siemens Genius
Thanks - I had loaded the flat pattern view - but was using partial loading. Turning Partial Loading off appears to address the issue.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@12131444Just for your information. Using the master model approach, when you add a flat pattern view from the master model to the drawing. It gets added as a reference. You can see it in ASN, notice the icon has sheet in the background.

fp.PNG

fp1.PNG

Regards,
Ganesh