Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Body Measurement only when triggered not constantly?

Pioneer
Pioneer

I'm trying to work in a giant assembly (thousands of bodies from hundreds of parts) and someone has created four Body Measurement features at the assembly level.  All four of these update any time I change any tiny thing, like a Constraint.  This is taking an extremely long time.  I'd like to change the behavior of the Body Measurements so they only update when we deliberately trigger them.  (Ideally, it would act like drawing views do - where they flag they are out of date and then update when commanded.)

I've tried Supressing the features, but they inexplicably still update.  I've tried editing the features, but there isn't the "Associative" checkbox in the dialog that is supposed to be there, so I can't tell if that would make a difference.  Is there a setting I'm overlooking, or is my only recourse to delete the Body Measurement features and re-create them only when needed?

4 REPLIES

Re: Update Body Measurement only when triggered not constantly?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Robin,

you can make the feature in front of the body measurement current feature with the "make current feature" option.
when you want the update the body measurement you make it current again with the option
"update to end"

if you make the body measurement of an assembly and you add components you need to add them also to your body measurement.

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Pioneer
Pioneer

I tried this out this morning.  Unfortunately, when I used "Make Current Feature" on the CSYS above the Body Measurements in the Part Navigator, that did not prevent those measurements from taking time to update.  So your suggestion didn't help with my main problem, which is model speed.  Thank you anyway for responding!

I confirmed with a co-worker who has worked in this model that these Body Measurements were safe to delete and re-create again each time we need the number.  I deleted the four features (each had been selecting and measuring over 2000 bodies) and the model immediately sped up.  We can now rotate it, pick parts, and adjust constraints without it taking over a minute between mouse clicks.

It would be preferable to create the measurement features once, and then only have them update when deliberately triggered.  So I'm going to leave this topic "unsolved" until someone responds that this is either already possible (NX10) or planned for a future update.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

You could submit this to GTAC as an ER

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
If you do call GTAC, reference existing ER 6154017.

Regards, Ben