Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update display Shortcut

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I am new to NX 10, and I've noticed that I have to use update display A LOT. Is there a keyboard shortcut for it instead of RMB -> update display ? Or any other faster way to do it instead of right clicking and selecting it in the meny ? Or where can I find that command so that I can assign the keyboard shortcut manually ?

Thank you

5 REPLIES

Re: Update display Shortcut

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

Using update display should not be needed very often. You should check if there is a cause for this. I do not have that problem.

I can answer your question about the shortcut key.

Press CTRL+1 to start the customize command. Then press the keyboard button at the bottom.

In the customize keyboard dialog browse to the view shortcut menu in the left pane. Select it and then on the right scroll down to update display. Select it.

Now clicking the input field below ( 'press new shortcut key:' ). Press F12 or something like that and click on assign.

Close the dialogs and test it.

Regards, **bleep**

Creator
Creator

Thanks for answering. I am not sure is this normal or not. Maybe it's because of complicated surfaces, which i have a lot. But I can't find that command when i go to ctrl+1 -> keyboard ... I can't find that command. Do you know where is it ? 

Siemens Phenom

Here is a screenshot...pic1.PNG

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Are you updating the display a lot to clean up "jagged" edges? If so, try this:

1. menu -> preferences -> visualization -> faceting
  2. facet scale = view
  3. resolution = standard
  4. refinement factor = 1
  5. update = visible objects
  6. turn on "align facets along edges" option
  7. OK

Work with that for a while to see if it cleans up the display issues. You can experiment with the options to find a balance of display quality vs. display speed that works for you.

Siemens Phenom

Caveat to "align facets along edges":

"When the Align Facets along Edges check box is selected, the rendering time required to generate th...

There will be a notable increase in rendering time for larger, complicated parts.

Regards, Ben