Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating a part family

Phenom
Phenom

OK, so I imported John Baker's combination wrenches, and sockets, into our Teamcenter Database, and the users(me) noticed that db_Part_Name was the Teamcenter ID, and not all that descriptive.  I want to update the family, so db_part_name is a description of the wrench, but when I do, I get the following error.  I have tried both as myself (user) and as dba, with the same result.  Any thoughts on this?  @BenBroad ?

ErrorMessage.jpg

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
3 REPLIES

Re: Updating a part family

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

This may be due to TC attribute mapping rules.

Although I would hope the part family code should be able to over-write (as it can when creating).

If nothing else, delete all the existing part family members (make sure to unregister &unpublish in TC first, as required) then re-create them.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Phenom
Phenom
"unregister" and "unpublish" is new to me, so off to the help files I go.
-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

At some version of TC, I was using the following in a .BAT, but I think it only works with 2 tier.

Note if you are single site, this may or may not apply...

data_share -u=%UNAME% -p=%PWORD% -g=dba -f=unregister -item_id="%ITEM_ID%" -site=%SITE%
data_share -u=%UNAME% -p=%PWORD% -g=dba -f=unpublish -item_id="%ITEM_ID%" -site=%SITE%

you'll have to check with your TC person to see if either/both are still required...

(note cleanup utilities may clean these up overnight, but you'll probably want to delete/re-create right away)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled