Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating db_partname in a part family?

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Early on in the switch to NX, we had some part familiies created in haste, and without much (any) experience with them.  I'm going back over them, trying to see if I can salvage them.  One of the things I need to change, is the part name, ie db_part_name.  Is that possible?  First attempt didn't change anything, maybe as dba?

As you can see, a name of "-23" isn't very helpful.

PartFamilySpreadsheet.JPG

-Dave
NX1867(if it had versions) | Teamcenter 11.6 | Windows 10
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Updating db_partname in a part family?

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

Hi @DaveK,

One of the things I need to change, is the part name, ie db_part_name.  Is that possible?  First attempt didn't change anything, maybe as dba?

DB_PART_NAME is one of the 'write-once' database attributes that can only be modified, after the part has been created, by editing the properties of the item in Teamcenter.  Even as dba you will not be able to enter a new value in the spreadsheet and update the name of the item.

Spoiler
The only way I was able to do this (and I'm not suggesting that you do) was to exit NX, delete the items from the Family Members folder in Teamcenter, restart NX and recreate the members.  Obviously you can't do this if the member are referenced.

Regards, Ben

Ben Broad | PLM Enthusiast | Siemens GCSS

NX (v17 - 1876) | Teamcenter (9 - 12)
Value Based Licensing | Adaptive UI | BETA Registration

Highlighted

Re: Updating db_partname in a part family?

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I suspected, and was afraid of that @BenBroad

As a bonus, this particular, and maybe others, had the part family created more than once, by reassigning the ID numbers of course, so I have to pick thru, and figure out which ones are correct, and which ones are used.  Fun times Smiley Happy

-Dave
NX1867(if it had versions) | Teamcenter 11.6 | Windows 10