Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating number of places in drafting

Creator
Creator

Number of places for features is entered manually in drafting. Is there a way to automatically update this?

For example if i change the number of holes from 93 to 95 on my model, is there a way to ensure it also updates in the drawing?

5 REPLIES

Re: Updating number of places in drafting

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

If you have an expression in the part which shows total number of holes then you can use that as a ref. (if you are using a Note for displaying number of holes).

Regards

Kapil

Creator
Creator

Do you mean with this button? Then i will select link to part and then pick the expression in the master model?

Do i get it right?

Thanks a lot for your support.

Siemens Phenom

No. Appended text will not update automatically.

You can create and use the expression so that it will update automatically.

Creare an expression which will be number of holes. In pattern feature use that expression to define the count.pattern.PNG

While creating the appended text in drafting, use Relationships with Expression so that whenever hole count is changed in the modeling application then it will be updated in the drafting accordingly.
pattern1.PNG

Regards,
Ganesh

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

If your initial hole was made with the hole command, and the remainder are done with "pattern feature", you can have the Hole Callout automatically use the number in the pattern...at leastin NX9+.  I don't recall for 8.5

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Siemens Phenom

Hi @DaveK,

You are right, 'Hole Callout' was introduced from NX9 and included in linear, radial dimensioning for drafting and PMI application. As @Onur1 is using NX8.5, use of expression seems the best way.

Regards,
Ganesh