Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to NX12

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I think NX12.0.1 would be realeased at the end of febrary. What version of TC will be needed?

For those who are already using NX12 in real environment (not testing). Is it worthy to upgrade from NX 11.0.2?

8 REPLIES

Re: Upgrade to NX12

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi, 

Please refer to the following hyperlink for compatibilty matrix:

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/12/release_notes#uid:index_xid920445:id1264341

-Santhosh

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you! I think for NX11.0.1 TC requirements were increased from NX 11.0.0. Maybe it is not going to happen to NX12.0.1 or maybe it is too soon to know.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Also keep in mind the required OS version, Windows 10, which has changed since a presentation at the PLM World conference earlier this year.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Supported OS is Win10.
But you can still run it on Win7.
Its just that if you run into trouble and ask for support you might be advised to update to win10 first.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes, that true.

When you want to report an issue you should be able to reproduce using Win10 also.

-Santhosh

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you all! Win10 is not a problem (all the machines are updated). I just would like to be sure that if we upgrade to NX12 in December-January, so we ask to our reseller to update TC we wont need to ask them again to update TC if we want to update to NX12.0.1 as it was needed for NX11.0.1.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

From my experiance only a minor update of Teamcenter is needed to support an new major NX release.

I have not encountered any need to update Teamcenter with a new NX maintenance release.

Could you tell us the combinations you used?

For eample:

• NX 11.0.0 ... Tc 11.2.2
  • NX 11.0.1 ... Tc 11.2.3

There is no hint about a need to upgrade in the Teamcenter Integrations Matrix nor in the NX release notes.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 Preparing: NX12.0 | TcVis 11.4

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Pioneer
Pioneer

I think best to wait for NX12.1

We just installed NX12.

On my powerful Dell T7910 I find it sluggish.

Upgrading TC was also quite eventful. TEM uses files it is trying to install. So there were a few tricks, otherwise it went smooth sailing.

In fact I wonder if there is a way to turn these independent windows back to the NX 11 style windows. I think the graphics is struggling. I am running 4K screens so I am not sure if that is causing the trouble.

I also find using the <o> in the drafting  text box has a bug. basically the form loses focus when shift and arrow is clicked. It is okay when I enter other characters.

First day of use today. It is nice to have the windows on separate screens but I am used to immediately response.

Good luck!