Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from NX11 to NX12

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

How can I import the customization from one to other? I mean, modified customer defaults, dialogs, palettes, reuse libraries... 

Thanks in advance

11 REPLIES

Re: Upgrading from NX11 to NX12

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The customer defaults can be exported and imported from version to version. This is the best way to move those to a new version. 

Scott

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you!

I realize now that the previsualization windows used to place constrains in assemblies when adding new components have dissappeared. How can activate it?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

If I export my old role from NX11 to NX12 I guess i will override the default bars of NX12 so if some new command was added to that default bars I wont see it. How can I just add the customized bars from NX11 to NX 12?

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

@Javiduc

To activate the preview window, expand the settings group in the add component dialog. The toggle is there. Once you turn it on, dialog memory will remember your choice.

add-comp.png

Regards,
Abe

Siemens Legend

@Javiduc

If you create a UI role in NX 11, you should be able to open it in NX 12 and have the ribbon customizations come along.

role.png

Regards,
Abe

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you Abeinjapan! I did look for the toggle but is obvious I did it poorly.

Regarding the UI role I fear if I import the role from NX11 I will override the standard bars and if new commands were added in standard bars for NX12 I will have only the NX11 command. I would like to add just the customized bars. Is that possible?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

New error appear with NX12 that didnt appeared with NX11:

ERROR NX 12.PNG

Siemens Legend

@Javiduc,

I just copied my NX 11 role into the NX 12 ..AppData\Local\Siemens\NX120\roles folder. When I use it I can still see the new functions that did not exist in NX 11. As a precaution, save a base role first, then activate your NX 11 role. If you find that anything's missing, you can always revert back to the saved role.

For the error message you posted, what were you doing at the time?

Regards,
Abe

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Javiduc wrote:

New error appear with NX12 that didnt appeared with NX11:

ERROR NX 12.PNG

I have also encountered this error in NX12. It appeared when an assembly was kept open in NX for 3-4 hours. Assembly is saved over the network drive. As @Javiduc you have already mentioned the same is not true in case of NX11.

Regards,
Ganesh