Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Macro To Place CSYS on Center of Face

Creator
Creator

Hello, 

I'm trying to create a MACRO that will call up dynamic CSYS, switch selection intent to point on face, pause for user to select the face they wish to place it on then automatically change the "U" and "V" parameter to .5 and exit the command.  

I'm able to get most of it, the problem is that when I have the macro wait for user entry to select the face, I'm not able to have the macro automatically change the U and V parameters to .5 after selection, granted this is a small thing, but I would basically like it to happen in about 2 clicks if possible. 

I've attached my current macro, other than not automatically changing the U and V parameters to .5, it basically does what I want. 

2 REPLIES

Re: Use Macro To Place CSYS on Center of Face

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Kevin,

Do you just need to change the origin of the WCS to the center of the face?  Or do you also need to make the WCS normal to the face?

If you just need to move the origin of the WCS to the center of the face, you can do that pretty easily with a Journal.  Save the attached with a .VB extension instead of .txt, and paste it into the Journal editor to test it.

Steve

Re: Use Macro To Place CSYS on Center of Face

Creator
Creator

Thanks Steve. This is exactly what I was after. I use macros for all kinds of problem solving, but unfortunately that does not extend to journals at all. Might be time for me to learn!