Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use part list templates in NX Manager

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have created some part list templates in Teamcenter (one for assembly drawings and another for piece drawings). I have created them in drafting environment and saved them as templates creating a new item in the BDD. But now, I don't know how to use them. In native mode I had a palete pointed to an .pax file that had the links to all part list I needed. How can I solve the problem in NX manager (with TC). Thank you

4 REPLIES

Re: Use part list templates in NX Manager

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You need to have you .PAX files point the Teamcenter Items. You can either manage the .pax files or have them on the O/S.

Here are the details.

Teamcenter PAX file setup.

Scott

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

"I have created some part list templates in Teamcenter (one for assembly drawings and another for piece drawings)."

Just out of curiosity, what do you use a parts list for in a piece drawing?

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Menu > Preferences > Palettes...

Select the "Open Palette" icon

Browse to the path where UGII_TABLE_TEMPLATES is defined.  By default this is %UGII_BASE_DIR%\UGII\table_files\

Select tables_tceng.pax and hit OK, OK and then close the Palettes dialog.  You should now have a Teamcenter Tables palette in your Resource Bar from which you can drag and drop your parts list(s).

Regards, Ben

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have tried to place .pax file inside TC but I haven't achieved it. Anyway with an external pax pointing to DB items it have worked perfectly. Thank you guys!

Cowski, I have a partlist in assembly drawing showing ballon number, code, name, material and quantity, and other in piece drawing showing the "format" where the part came from (for example square tube 100x100x10mm), the size (for example that square tube may have cut at 2000mm) and material (for example steel S235JR).