Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIEW LABELS

Pioneer
Pioneer

I am having an issue in re-using a section view label A-A for a section view I had created.  I originally created View A-A and later decided to delete the section and create a new section view.  I wanted to keep the same Section Label - A, but NX gives me an error message saying the label is in use - although it's not in use, there is no reference to Section A in my part navigator or in any of my views.  Am I stuck with not using View A or is there alternative solution?

Thanks

Robert

17 REPLIES

Re: VIEW LABELS

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

if you right click the section line, go to settings-> here you can set the letter you want.

section_line_label.JPG

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Pioneer
Pioneer

Correct - I understand how to change the section letter, but when I try to change the section letter I am given the error message that 'A' which is the section letter I had previously used and deleted is in use, so I can't change the label to A, I'm stuck with starting with B

Solution Partner Phenom

is the section line still visible in the drawing.
check also the part navigator if the section line is still there under the view that was created.

section line a still there.JPG

if you delete the section view you will get a popup that asks if you want the leave the section line there or also deleted. normally NX shows a dialog box with that questions.

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Pioneer
Pioneer

The section line was deleted and there is no reference to section A anywhere in the part history, so I'm not sure how I can even search for the section line.

Not that big of a deal, I manage to get the drawing through our checking group, soI can release, just a little frustrating.

Solution Partner Phenom
do you have this part? and can you send it?

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Pioneer
Pioneer

I do have the part, but I would not be able to share unfortunately.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

It sounds like one of your existing views has taken over the "A" designation. Check the view label settings of your existing views to find the culprit and correct the situation.

Pioneer
Pioneer

If that were the case, then wouldn't you expect to see a reference to View somewhere in the part history - it's a pretty simple drawing with only two sections (that's why starting at B really stands out).  I've attached a screenshot of the part navigator - maybe someone else will see something.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried part cleanup?

File -> Utilities -> Part Cleanup

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled