Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vector Graphic in Title Block (Drafting)

Hey!

Two questionss:

1. Does anyone know if there is a way to add a vector graphic in the drawing title block? I seem to be able to add .jpeg and .png files but I guess I need a .eps or .ai or similar. The objective is (1) when the drawing is scaled, the logo scales nicely and (2) when viewed with different color backgrounds, the logo doesn't have a white background color.
  2. After I insert a jpeg right now, I get a box with a line through it. I heard that this is because the image is to big for the box. Is there no scaling functionality for images?

Thanks

5 REPLIES

Re: Vector Graphic in Title Block (Drafting)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The Drafting environment only supports raster images (.tif, .jpg, or .png). You can either use the Image command to place the image on your drawing, or (from a Windows system) you can drag and drop the image from a folder directly onto your drawing.

Images can be resized using the drag handles that are visible when you place the image on the drawing. Use this link to review information about how to resize an image.

You can also place images in the cell of a table or title block. But you must manually scale the image until it is small enough to fit within the boundary of the cell. Use this link to review information about how to add an image to a title block.

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

NX also allows the import of .CGM files (a vector format); this will be converted to curves in NX. After importing, you'll need to wrangle the curves from modeling to the drawing sheet, which is a bit tricky, but doable.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

We have done this in the past using .ai converting it to a DWG and then cleaning it up in Autocad and importing this into the NX drawing. What is nice about NX11 when we export as a dwg it will now take these jpg images with it.

We have struggles with this also.  But, being export an Image with a the DWG  export, our pain is a lot less than what it used to be.

Edit

I think we were able to select the graph in Excel, copy to clipboard, and in Autocad do a paste special in Autocad as Autocad entities.  Then we would clean it up from there, then import the clean dwg into the NX drawing.  It has been awhile since we have had to do this.

Okay okay, thanks Team

I've accepted DEckhoff's reply as the soln.. but really there is no nice solution lol

Yeah, sdeters, this a new company so we're creating templates..

Do you have any more advice on the wrangling, cowski? Copy and paste and move? Create some kind of sketch group type thing? I will do the CGM route. I'm not sure how we can fill in between the lines after, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I'm also going to have to wrangle curves from Fibersim to a drawing next but maybe I'll create another post about that..

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

"Do you have any more advice on the wrangling, cowski?"

If you convert the vector file to dxf or dwg first, you might be able to import them directly onto the drawing sheet. That is an option in the import wizard, but I think it only applied if you were importing to a brand new file.

If the above doesn't work for your situation, perhaps the process found here will work:

http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=302445

"I'm not sure how we can fill in between the lines after, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it."

If your curves create a closed region, area fill or crosshatch should work.