Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Up All Drafting Objects and Member Views Related Maintenance Pack installed

Creator
Creator

The "Version Up All Drafting Objects and Member Views" is suppose to update all drafting objects and drafting views to the current version of NX. With knowing that, I have views on a drawing that display a View Version of NX 7.5.5 MP6 and I use the "Version Up All Drafting Objects and Member Views" under the drafting preferences and the View Version will go to NX 8.5.3 MP9. That's great that views will version up, but the part I don't understand is that I have NX 8.5.3 MP11 installed on my workstation and the views will only version up to NX 8.5.3 MP9. Can some explain why the views do not version up to the current version of NX that is installed?

Current View version on a drawing file - NX 7.5.5 MP6 (Information --> Object)

Version Up All Drafting Objects and Member Views (Preferences --> Drafting)

View version after version up - NX 8.5.3 MP9 (Information --> Object)

Current Version of NX installed - NX 8.5.3 MP11 (Help --> About NX --> System information)

Matt

2 REPLIES

Re: Version Up All Drafting Objects and Member Views Related Maintenance Pack installed

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Hi Matt,

For views, the version of that view is only changed if versionable changes are made to that MP. Hence, MP9 had versionable changes that affected views, whereas MP11 did not.

Regards, Ben

Re: Version Up All Drafting Objects and Member Views Related Maintenance Pack installed

Creator
Creator
Thank you Ben! This is what I though, but I wanted to make sure.

Matt