Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View NX models in 3-dimension like 3D movie

Legend
Legend

Does anyone know about a software, utility or program which will give a 3-dimensional effect to NX to have a sense of depth to 3D models created in NX?

example : While rotating a model in NX, you see a 3D model on 2D screen. I would like to have sense of depth while rotating this model.

Requirement is to watch a NX model just like we watch a 3D movie using a 3D goggles/spectacle.

I know about A Reality or Virtual Reality setups or Microsoft hololens like gadegets. But I am looking something simple, used anytime, anywhere without much of efforts on any model in NX.

6 REPLIES

Re: View NX models in 3-dimension like 3D movie

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I have heard rumor that something like this is coming.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
There's the Stereo Display setting in the Preferences -> Visualisation -> Special Effects, which is for what you you're after. Below is from the documentation explaining it: Available when you have the following hardware configuration: A Windows workstation. A graphics card with Quad Buffer 3D stereo output support. 3D Stereo capable display hardware such as monitor, projector, controller, 3D glasses, and so on. You must enable the relevant stereo settings in the control panel of the graphics card. Displays the model in a more realistic 3D environment. You can set the depth perception using the Stereo Parallax Factor slider. NX enables the Stereo Display option by default, when the system is configured to support it. To disable 3D display, set the UGII_STEREO environment variable to 0. NX automatically adjusts the perspective projection for an improved display. To override the perspective projection adjustment, set the UGII_STEREO_DISABLES_UI_TRANSPARENCY variable to 0. Note Limitations in the Windows 7 desktop user interface can temporarily suspend the rendering of a 3D display. If a desktop user interface item, for instance the Windows Taskbar button thumbnail or a NVIDIA nView Desktop Manager title bar button, is displayed in the NX graphics window, this may suspend the 3D display. This may happen frequently when NX is displayed in the full screen mode. NX restores the 3D display when you remove the user interface item from the graphics window. The use of transparency in the NX user interface can prevent the rendering of a 3D display. Hence NX automatically disables user interface transparency when Stereo Display is enabled. To allow user interface transparency, set the UGII_STEREO_DISABLES_UI_TRANSPARENCY variable to 0. The Windows 8 operating system does not have these limitations. For specific information related to hardware and graphics card 3D stereo configuration, refer to the following vendor sites: AMD NVIDIA Note The Stereo Display option is not available in the following display modes: High Quality Image static display Ray Traced Studio display
Anthony Galante, Senior Support Engineer
PhoenxPLM
24 versions of NX installed: NX4 to NX12, plus TC11.2

Phenom
Phenom

@Mak_Jo wrote:

Does anyone know about a software, utility or program which will give a 3-dimensional effect to NX to have a sense of depth to 3D models created in NX?

example : While rotating a model in NX, you see a 3D model on 2D screen. I would like to have sense of depth while rotating this model.

Requirement is to watch a NX model just like we watch a 3D movie using a 3D goggles/spectacle.

I know about A Reality or Virtual Reality setups or Microsoft hololens like gadegets. But I am looking something simple, used anytime, anywhere without much of efforts on any model in NX.

Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7vgb18nCNo&feature=push-sd&attr_tag=Td7KDfoN9lIMFcoT-6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfzpGrLi7gY

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Legend
Legend
Thanks Anthony, I will check if it meets my requirement.

Legend
Legend
Thanks Michael, I will check if it meets my requirement.

Phenom
Phenom

Just saw this youtube video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdsQkLTtnW4&feature=push-u&attr_tag=yC_VtEKL7offvDyJ-6

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW