Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Overlay Drafting

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi

I tried Viual overlay between two sheets of differnt part numbers

Both sheets have same Views with different dimensions alone.

I am interested in just highlighting the differences.But unfortunately it did not work.

Steps followed

1.Open the first part drawing file and Click on Visual Overlay Option

2.Create Overlay Data

3.Open the second part drawing file and Click on Visual Overlay Option

4.Click on ok to create the Overlay.

5.The difference has to get highlighted between 2nd and 1st (Already Created Overlay Data)

But it does not highlight the difference .

Please suggest where i go wrong or is the software do not work?

Thanks

7 REPLIES

Re: Visual Overlay Drafting

Genius
Genius

Hello,

which NX version do you use?

Until NX 10 you can only compare in one part. You can save your overlay data, change your drawing and compare the changes with the saved data. You can't open another part and compare it with the saved version!

In NX 11 you can open another part to compare it with the drawing you're in.

Regards André

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thanks for reply.
I am using NX11 and still I am able to find the differences between two drawings . I still tried opening both drawings and did tried it . It did not work. Then I tried copying the sheet alone pasted in the same drawing with which I am comparing . Still I did not find the differences between them.
In my earlier query I would have mentioned the steps that I followed if they are fine then it doesn't work.
Because I always used to do a CGM comparison earlier . Thought this might save me some time .
Please suggest me .

Sent from my iPhone

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Have you tried using the Track Drawing Changes command instead of the Visual Overlay command? The Track Drawing Changes command lets you compare drawings between two different parts, and generates a comparison report that you can use to highlight the changes between the two drawings. You don't have to save the report if you just want to see the differences.

Here's a link to the procedure for comparing two separate drawings with the Track Drawing Changes command:

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11/nx_help#uid:xid1128417:index_drafting:xid1096108:...

You can also set a Drafting preference in your part so that change symbols appear next to the items that are different. Here's the procedure that describes how to do that:

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11/nx_help#uid:xid1128417:index_drafting:xid1096108:...

Pioneer
Pioneer

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi

Thanks for the reply

Yes i have tried track drawing changes.

It is jus a report. It does not shows me at what places the changes are been made.

Say i have added one full stop more i need to visualize where it is been made.So Viual Overlay alone does that as such PDF to PDF comparision,TIFF to TIFF comparision.

Genius
Genius

When I start the Visual Overlay, I can select another part. And after the selection NX does a visual Overlay and shows both drawings so I can compare them.

If you search for different colors, then your right. NX has only one color for the original and one color for the second drawing. If you want more colors feel free to create an Enhancement Request on GTAC.

Regards André

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi

Visual Overlay works well.Its rapid.The colors are cool if i need i would really requset one.

Thanks