cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual comparison between diferent item revisions

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Is that possible without creating an auxiliar assembly? I cant charge one inside the other.

6 REPLIES

Re: Visual comparison between diferent item revisions

You can use 'Model Compare' command with 'Revision Compare' or 'Enable Multiple Revisions' to do the comparison in NX.

Ganesh Kadole, QA Analyst (PLM), SQS
Testing: NX 10 | NX 11 | TCIN
TC 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | AWC 3.2

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you Ganesh, I have been reading a bit about model compare, I understand is a tool for see the differences... but I can find how insert a revision of a item (wave linked surfaces, component as "reference"...or other method) inside other revision of the same item so avoiding to create an assembly just to make the comparison. Is that possible? I have enabled multiple revisions

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

When you start up the model compare, pick the first part you want to compare, when the cue line says "pick bodies from second part" you can use the file open command to open the other reviison and then select the body. The other option is that if both parts are open, pick the first body and when prompted use the window command to get the second part on the screen and then select the second body.

Scott

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi.

You should be able to have two parts of different revision in a single session if  the multiple revision option ON. 

What I did for our purposes of revision compare is to create a dedicated assembly file just for comparing. The assembly has two broken wave links and user has to replace 1 then 2 with revision A and B (e.g). I'm currently working on making a journal/app to speed it up.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you all! Now I have managed to add a part from a different assembly for compare. What I cant achieve is compare two different assemblies. Is that possible?

I cant have two different revisions of a component in the same session, even in the same assembly but not to have one as a component of other (which may be logic) but I would like to have one as WAVElinked geometry or something like that in the other.

I think create a dedicated assembly will be the easiest method, but I wanted to avoid create items if it wasnt necessary.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Did you look at the links in Ganesh Kadole's post?

"Revision Compare", etc.?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled