Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wavelink geometry linked feature looses associativity after replace component

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi All,

I am trying to create an Assembly structure shown below using wavelinks.

- Assembly

- Wavelinked geo

- Finish Geo

- Rough Geo

I have named the features with certain tags or feature name in Finish Geo.prt file and Rough Geo.prt. I have wavelinked these features in wavelinked geo.prt.

Now I try to replace the finish geo.prt with a similar prt file with same tag names. After doing this I find that the links in wavelinked geo.prt is broken.

I know I can replace the features manually. But we have close to 40 to 50 such linked features. Is there a possibility that NX reads the feature names and keep the links intact? Or am I doing something wrong..

Thanks

5 REPLIES

Re: Wavelink geometry linked feature looses associativity after replace component

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

I believe that the General Relinker is what you are looking for. Please watch the attached video.

Re: Wavelink geometry linked feature looses associativity after replace component

Phenom
Phenom

I recall seeing Derek England do several demos where he used a wave structure to get geometry into the part and then used the Extract body/face feature and used that geometry as the starting point. With Extract you can go back and replace the geometry and, I believe, it will maintain the original ID.

Your structure is interesting because you are technically driving your model "backwards". That is you are adding material as you go down your structure.

What type of application are you looking at? Machining stages?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for the avi. I tried it but looks like there is special license for general relinker. I will check this.

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor
Have you looked at the Replacement Assistant?
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/10/nx_help/#uid:wave_replacement_asst_ov

Regards, Ben

Experimenter
Experimenter

Couple of observation on the replies.

1) I tried following the avi and it works with the approach by renaming the linked body to apply Source and target function for wave relinker. And this works fine. 

2) Replace assitance function by reselecting all the faces manually also works fine .

May be i should explain my intentions better. We plan to have face definition(feature names) in the source model of part A(as example). These features get consumed in the CAM environment using wavelink geometry. 

Now we bring in part B(as example) with exactly same definition (feature names) but modelled differently. Now I would like to resuse the CAM process for part A again for part B. For doing this I can follow the options 1 and 2. But in our case we have around 40 to 50 wavelinked faces used in CAM.

How can I keep the links active for the face definition(feature name) from design directly into CAM process without manual interaction in manufacturing environment?