Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight deviation issue in assembly

Creator
Creator

Hello everybody,

I have an issue of different weights in the assembly navigator (ca. 6000kg) and in the component properties of the corresponding assembly (ca. 3000kg). When I am checking the advanced weight managment I get the same result as the component properties show.

As I am working within the mechanical routing application there are some piping at the part level of the assembly, but not in the same order as the deviation shown above. If it might be of interest, there are quite a few feature operations and promotions included at part level.

Anyone an idea what might be a reason for that?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Weight deviation issue in assembly

Legend
Legend

Hi @Dulli 

When you press update button (shown in the figure below) do you see different values in component properies and assembly navigator weight column?

weight.jpg

Re: Weight deviation issue in assembly

Creator
Creator

Hi again,

the update botton does not change anything, but I think I managed to figure out:

1) when selecting the assembly and go to properties-> weight and update I get a weight of around 3000 kg that is exactly the same as the assembly weight after I suppressed all components in the assembly, i.e. something on the part level seems to be the trouble maker as this is much to high weight.

2) when extracting the component weights to excel I checked the sum and it is exactly the difference, so this is correct.

So, I worked myself further until I figured out that NXs own routing space reservations (something I am using quite a few of) got applied a standard density same as steel and caused this huge weight deviation.