Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does changing the 'Quantity' in component properties do?

Pioneer
Pioneer

As seen in the picture. Nothing happens when I change it, and the documentation doesn't explain much. 

quantity.JPG

3 REPLIES 3

Re: What does changing the 'Quantity' in component properties do?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I believe that that is used when generating bills of material, allowing the user to specify the number of a specific item that you wish to be reported in the BOM without having to load up an Assembly with the actual number of Components just to get the count right.  For example, you might only wish to show one or two example fasteners which could represent dozens that are actually needed to complete the assembly.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend
We create massive assemblies. Display time is an issue, both in modeling and drawing views . ( not to mention updating drawing views) The only solution is to try minimize the number of displayed objects.
Instead of placing all the fasteners and details we can place one or a few and enter the number like John explained.
We can then create a detail view of that fastener and the BOM will still report the correct number.

Regards,
Tomas

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@Baratheon , Here is a short video as an example of what John and Tomas explained.

(view in My Videos)