Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to edge blend from 8.5 to 9.0? cannot use variable blend.

Creator
Creator

I cant for the life of me find the command to create a variable edge blend. 2 different points on an edge with a different radius value. I used it in 8.5 often but when our comany switched to 9.0, it is not to be found anywhere! Can someone please direct me to where I can find the extra menus of edge blend in 8.5? I have attached a picture of the command from the 2 versions. 8.5 is the top view of the edge blend command, and 9.0 is the bottom picture.

.edge blend 8.5.JPGedge blend 9.0.JPG

7 REPLIES

Re: What happened to edge blend from 8.5 to 9.0? cannot use variable blend.

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hi,

right click the top border of the command and select edge blend (more).

see the image for reference.

edgeblend1.png

i hope this helps you.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

This is the Catch 22 of trying to simplify the user interface for new users...

The experienced users can't find what they are looking for....

This is not a complaint on that Siemens is trying, it's just an observation on how difficult it is to create a user interface that does both groups happy,

-the problem is that one has to be a fairly advanced user to find and use the "more" option...

Experimenter
Experimenter

On windows 7, NX 9 has drop down toggles for additional options :-

Blend.PNG

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend
Hi,

that toggle option is disabled in his command.
as we can see, it has no arrows pointing downwards.
Smiley Happy

Creator
Creator

Jahnsen you are correct, there are no arrows pointing down to get extra menus. If I never made this post, I would still be stuck without using these features for a very long time. Your first post is really shows how to get the extra menus. Thank you for that!

I would never have known to right click that area to get a pull out menu from another menu. It is not obvious. by default I think the extra menus should appear and then we have the ability to close them if we no longer want to see them. That would let us know that we have seen it and we can come back to that area if needed.

I completely understand your objective 1u7obd with making the new interface. But, if no one can find what they're looking for clearly and/or easily, they would not be able to find it at all. 

I think you can have all your dialogs start in the (more) state by selecting an advanced role.

The options available for a dialog are explained in the background that you see when you first start NX. I understand that experienced users blow right by that, but when a new release is installed, I recommend taking a quick look at the guidance we provide for the new users, for changes like this.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

This is ...

If you use the Advanced Role, there are NO arrows.

If you use the Essentials Role, there are arrows.

If you go Preferences - User interface - General - Default Dialog Layout :

Less/More

There are probably other magic settings hidden somewhere in that wonderful ribbon bar...

Regards,

Tomas