Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is OM? +++tag ###### is deleted and not a class UGS::OM::Object

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am a newby to NX so I will attempt to explain my issue as clearly as possible.

I have an assembly, and when I select a component and "Make it a Displayed Part" then add a PMI hole callout to a Simple Screw Hole feature and then return to the assembly I get the attached errorEncountered unexpected NULL pointer.png

After looking at the log file the problem is identified as a Severe Error involving a UGS:Smiley SurprisedM:Smiley Surprisedbject

SysLog explanation.png

In order for me to find out what the missing object is, i need a little context. What is a OM object? 

3 REPLIES

Re: What is OM? +++tag ###### is deleted and not a class UGS::OM::Object

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Try running part cleanup on the affected part(s). Beyond that, I'm not sure that there is much that you, as an end user, can do to fix this type of error. If part cleanup doesn't work, contact GTAC.

Edit: Also, check to see that you are on the latest maintenance release for your major version of NX. You can check to see what version is running by going to menu -> help -> about NX -> system info. I think the latest release for NX 9 is 9.0.3.4.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I still am having the same issue with part cleanup, I think I have something wrong with my installation. Thank you.

I will get a hold of GTAC if I still have issues...

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Thomas_R,

I cross referenced the syslog contents in your screenshots against known issues.  It appears that your particular problem may have been fixed in NX 11 (internal PR 7511779).  If you're able to reproduce the problem from scratch and can supply GTAC with the steps to duplicate the issue they can verify the fix in NX 11.  I don't believe this is due to a bad installation, it's just an issue with NX 9.

Regards, Ben