Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the standard Menu path to Edit Unit Preferences of a Hole Callout tag

Phenom
Phenom

In a Hole Callout tag (by Radial Dimension command) of a drawing, through Standard Menus how could I get to “Edit Unit Preferences” for each options of Diameter, Depth, Counter bore….?

The Idea is to record a macro/journal to convert some selected inch dimensions to metric. It seems that the secondary popup window (By “Edit Annotation”) with the pulldown options like Dimension, Diameter, Depth etc.(Macro’s “User Entry”) are not in a consistent position to track the selections for the required recording.

So I assume, the best way for the recording is to go through standard menu path; i.e.  not to use the secondary window's Pulldowns.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

20 REPLIES

Re: What is the standard Menu path to Edit Unit Preferences of a Hole Callout tag

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I'm not aware that it's even possible to edit the 'text' of a new (NX 9.0) Hole Callout object.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Re: What is the standard Menu path to Edit Unit Preferences of a Hole Callout tag

Phenom
Phenom

mf_20150819_01.JPGmf_20150819_02.JPGmf_20150819_03.JPGmf_20150819_04.JPG

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Gee, you learn something new every day Smiley Wink

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Phenom
Phenom

Do you understand how many steps I’ve to take again and again for such a simple work? It’s a chaos; these functions are all over the map, unexplored by even veteran users.

It’s sad that NX can’t create Favorites on the fly and retrieve them easily. “Append Text” is a longer rout to take than typing repeatedly.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Are these steps recorded if you record a journal?

If so, you may be able to do this with a journal.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Phenom
Phenom

I was able to record a macro and it worked on that perticular drawing but failed in other different drawings.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

I couldn't get the steps to record in a journal.  I also got this to work using a macro and it appears to work across parts.  Try the attached macro (rename extension to .macro) and let me know if it works.

Phenom
Phenom

Ben, I ran your Macro and this is the same message as I'm getting with my macro too.mf_20150820_01.JPG

As I mentioned earlier, did you test your Macro on different drawings?

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Also... Are you both running the EXACT same version of NX

Macros can be very temperamental

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled