Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's different between "Normal" and "Unique" of New Sketch Group

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I am NX designer, I don't know about What's different between "Normal" and "Unique" of New Sketch Group function.

I hope somebody can explain it for me please.

Thank you.

Sketch Group.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Re: What's different between "Normal" and "Unique" of New Sketch Group

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @eid,

Information about these sketch groups were added in the NX12.0.2 documentation. Here is the link Sketch group types.

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Unique allows you to automatically exclude them from other sketch groups. This way you can rectangle select and these elements will be omitted from another group.

Creator
Creator

Hi GaneshKadole and Sebastian5050

Thank you for your best support .

I tried to do it already, but i can't see the different of it, I'm not sure about my step it's correct?

my step is :

1. Select curves and add to the Unique of new sketch group.

2. Choose MenuFormatGroupNew Sketch Group and  click Normal of Group content and trie to select all curve, So!!!! all curve is selected (include curve in Unique group).

*** see picture in attached

Thanks

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

An item in one group will not be added to a new unique group. Normal groups take whatever you select and don't care about membership in other groups.

Try this:

• ungroup what you have to start fresh
  • create a new unique (or normal) sketch group (set selection filter to curves), select one of the oval shapes
  • create a new unique sketch group (set selection filter to curves), window select around all of the oval shapes. It will appear that all of the curves are being selected, press OK. Select your first unique group in the part navigator to verify contents; now select the other group to verify what was actually grouped vs. what was selected.

Creator
Creator

Hi cowski1,

Thank you for your explain, Now I'm clear already.

Thank you very much.

good.jpg

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Like @cowski said it is really important to use the Type Filter. A lot of users do not think about this.
Sketch groups can also contain sketch dimensions btw.
Really important to know what you want in your group before you select it. Type Filter solves this.