Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats new in NX11?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I see preview videos coming out, and I believe there was some demos at PLM World, but for those of us that could not go, is there any document available on what's coming?  We are looking at training plans, and we'd rather not send someone to training, if there are big changes in that area coming.

Even a sales like 'whats new', vs. the actual whats new that comes with the release.

Thanks,

Dave

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10
20 REPLIES

Re: Whats new in NX11?

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

DaveK,

We are in the process of finishing a "whats new" document/presentation, this should be available in the next week or so.

Regards

Paul

Gears Phenom

Looking forward to it!

-Dave

Gears Phenom

Did sweep solid body make it into this release?  Just being curious. Thanks

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Dave,

The NX 11 What's New document would be out soon. In the meantime, you can checkout some of the new functionality in NX 11 here:

http://tinyurl.com/z4lamuk

(NX 11 review by Develop3d publication)

Siemens Legend

sdeters,

Yes it did and is called swept volume.

Regards

Paul

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello @sdeters,

I know it hase been pulled out before, so I cannot give you a 100% guarantee Smiley Happy, but... Yes it's in NX 11.0. I have seen it in a Demo. Works nice! I believe a lot of users will enjoy this feature.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software

Gears Phenom

@H_Iyer  Thanks.  One question, that I know I will be asked when co-workers, ie former Solidworks users, read this, is regarding the bit in bold:  "This is also complimented with the new tools that allow you to project a 3D sketch onto a surface (to cut out a feature) and have the cut maintain the surface it is cutting (rather than projecting from a single plane vector) — think cutting features for windows or other inlets/outlets in a fuselage."

Is there a 3D sketch tool in NX11?

-Dave

Siemens Legend

DaveK,

Currently there is no 3D sketching tool inside of NX. You do have the ability to use curve on surface which allows you to construct a spline directly on a surface, which has been available for a while. However in NX 11 we do have the new Flattening and Forming tool which allows you to accurately unwrap a surface or surfaces onto a plane on which you can then sketch a profile. This profile can then be associatively reformed on to the original surface, not simply projected.

I attach a short movie showing an example where a lable area for a perfume bottle is defined. It shows the use of a dxf file for the label area but it could also have been a sketch created directly on the flattened face.

(view in My Videos)

Gears Phenom

Thanks.  Some of the former Solidworks users here really miss the 3D sketcher....I was never a SW users, so I don't Smiley Happy

-Dave