Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Where is clean assembly option in NX 11 ?

Genius
Genius

I tried Part Cleanup and checked all mentioned earlier ( Opened the large assembly(500parts) with Partial Load toggled off )

• Still those 30-40pcs of unknown named parts show up in Import Assembly into TC.
  • I think someone really renamed those files inside the Windows file manager ( and not inside NX with Save As-function ) Note: These appearing unknown parts do not exist in the main folder of the assembly or in NX's part navigator=structure tree.
  • Is there something else to try ? ( Trying to get rid of those extra parts that show up in import to TC as ghost images but don't really exist in the assembly )
  • I do not know what these mean= "Inter-part expressions", "Look for WAVE links", "Turn off timestamp mode" ?

Problemtcimport.jpgUntitle544d.jpg

Genius
Genius

+ In addition: Part Cleanup gives failures on some parts just because some features happen to have "!" exclamation mark on them. Does this mean I have to fix every part that has "!" features or otherwise the Part Cleanup will continue to fail ?

I'm not planning to fix all parts' constructions ( Like missing sketch references or such ) just removing those ghost parts that appear when importing.

X Clean Interpart Links= Seems to cause these feature "!" errors. If I uncheck it no errors come but the ghost parts remain there.

Genius
Genius

Now I fixed those "!" feature parts.

Part Cleanup went 100% fine but still those "Not loaded / Name only" parts come up ?

Untitled4424.jpg

Legend
Legend

Hi @12131444

Status 'Not loaded'  is not same with 'Name only'.

The 'Name only' is for external reference parts or original name of renamed parts (generally by 'NX save as'). 

So 'Name only' lists are not target of Import actually. (the parts are not components of selected assemblies.)

(Part cleanup can remove some of bad reference information.)

The 'Not loaded' parts are exist in Structure of selected assemblies. So they are actually imported targets.

But they are missing by deleting, renaming from OS or moving to un-searchalbe folders.

(It is related with 'Load Options', sometime)

So you cannot remove 'not loaded' list by Part Clean-up.

You must fix it from its assembly structure. (by removing or Replace to renamed part.)

Sunkap Ahn, Senior Support Engineer

logo

Genius
Genius

1.) How to manually enter the revision in Import into TC-listing ? In NX 9.0 I could just easily write the revision: D,E,F right away into those pop-up windows. Now it is only "-" revision and it is greyed out to not allow to modify.

2.) What if there exist a "-" revision in TC already and I'm importing a newer "A" revision:

- Must the "-" revision be first flagged (=checkered flag) ?

- How to enter "update the old to a new revision" to Import into TC listing ?

3.) What does Numbering Source= Attribute mean ?

4.) When importing a large assembly and forced in mixing OS filename(=Create same name as in native: Some new and some exist already in TC ) and Part ID generator(=Create a fresh new TC name) why I must (Reset Attributes ->) double click each one to create the name ? Why does it not create these names automatically ? I have 500-700 parts assemblies and I must go through each part with double click to have the name created.

Untit424led.jpg

Genius
Genius

1.) How to manually enter the revision in Import into TC-listing ? In NX 9.0 I could just easily write the revision: D,E,F right away into those pop-up windows. Now it is only "-" revision and it is greyed out to not allow to modify.

2.) What if there exist a "-" revision in TC already and I'm importing a newer "A" revision:

- Must the "-" revision be first flagged (=checkered flag) ?

- How to enter "update the old to a new revision" to Import into TC listing ?

3.) What does Numbering Source= Attribute mean ?

4.) When importing a large assembly and forced in mixing OS filename(=Create same name as in native: Some new and some exist already in TC ) and Part ID generator(=Create a fresh new TC name) why I must (Reset Attributes ->) double click each one to create the name ? Why does it not create these names automatically ? I have 500-700 parts assemblies and I must go through each part with double click to have the name created.

Untit424led.jpg

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@SKAHN

Thanks for the document. But it did not eliminate all references. But definitely reduced the number largely.

Also, while importing into Teamcenter, those reference parts are listed as targets in import window. Hence the issue. 

Thanks,
Anbu

Teamcenter Architect & PLM/CAD Administrator,
Teamcenter 11.4 | Active Workspace 3.4 | NX 12