cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the appropriate NX wizard for making stamping die.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello to everyone! 

Which NX wizard should i use in order to make a stamping die?

My mold will be based on a metal sheet which is an STL file that i have converted it into STP file format.

Thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES

Re: Which is the appropriate NX wizard for making stamping die.

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

We have NX Stamping solution - Die Engineering & Die Design 

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Progressive die can help u with making stamp tools. The only thing is is that it’s a product addon

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you all for your replies!!

I forgot to mention before that the operation that i want to do is embossing (or coining) and my 3Dscanned metal sheet has zero thickness. I tried to import my file in progressive die wizard but Nx pops up a warning that says: "The thickness of the part must be greater than zero" so it didn't allowed me to continue the process . Does anyone knows some tutorials that will help in my occasion?

Thank you!!

I attach two printscreens in order you can see how my 3dscanned file is:

image.pngimage.png

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I suggest trying a rough offset with a zero offset distance; if successful, this will give you a sheet body suitable for input to the thicken command. A thickened sheet will be a solid body.

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hello cowski1,
First of all thank you for your reply. I tried making a rough offset as you told me but the generated surface wasn't enough detailed as the original one.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello AMIT-KUMAR,
I used Die Design tab and more specifically "Draw Die" and "Draw Punch" operations. I encountered a problem when i tried to select the 'Punch profile'. I sketch a parallelogram in some distance from the metale sheet and i selected it as a punch profile (pic.1) but i didn't have any result. In my case that i have an STP file which will be the punch profile?

Thanks in advance!

image.png(pic.1)

Phenom
Phenom

Subsequent to a 5day in class Siemens PDW training, for the last 4 years I’m trying to implement PDW without much success. It has some usable functions here and there but as a die design package; I’m telling you, it’s a disaster! You may be lucky enough to design a simple straight bend Prog Die, but not for regular parts with even a bit of a challenge. Simply it’s too basic and messy and not practical enough to design a die from the start.

Since currently we hit a dry time, in the past few days I was revising my PDW course material again and trying to work on a simplest bracket I could find. It ended up hitting the blind walls. Then later I was calling our VAR and even they had no answers. (they highly promote PDW.)

I thought of starting a NX Forum thread on these issues, but I later thought not to as I don’t think anybody is using PDW as their die design package. I will be just crying foul in the eyes of other NX users.

Hope I’m wrong with the above assumption and if someone has some good experience with PDW applications, I’m ready to bring up some issues to discuss.  

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Phenom
Phenom

After coming this far I’m doomed! The project files are with VAR to investigate.

mf_pdw_20171026_01.JPG

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW