Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why NX allows “Out of Date” drawings and expect to update them manually?

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Javiduc,

it's not possible to show difference between the old and the new in drafting without compare tool, that it's time consuming for each update.

Usually the delay view update is used to avoid continuous update on continuous 3D change.

Write your workflow to understand the changing from old and new drafting update.

In our comapany we use the setting for auto update.

Thank you...

Using NX1867
RuleDesigner PDM

Phenom
Phenom

@Javiduc

In modeling, I could extract a non-associative body to see the changes. But in Drafting, I don’t know how you could see the changes from old to new with a manual instantaneous update.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Genius
Genius

I guess my most commonly used parts are simpler than yours. I can see changes most times, because sometimes just one hole appears. If I am not sure I can use undo button and repeat.

I am used to work manually updating views because in other softwares the changes create a ballons and a list that you can clean when you want. NX lacks this good feature but I manage to do that by my eyes (as I said very simple parts).

I neither use compare tool, I dont know if I have licence, any way I know how it works and as you said it is very time consuming.

Phenom
Phenom

2D is not just a representation of 3D, it contains information which is key for manufacturing.

If you have just a 2D you can make a part (as we all did for a lifetime), if you have a

3D model  only you can't do anything.    All that talks about embedding such information

in 3D are something I have never seen, the actual worldwide manufacturing chain still requires 2D.

There are tools within standard NX that let you track drafting changes, but more important than

that is a human brain making sense of the changes in order not to trigger beautifully automated disasters.

Phenom
Phenom

@Maurizio

Just imagine 2d ear car body vs. your beautiful modern car body.  Do you think it’s possible to produce a 2D drawing to represent a latest car panel? Could you machine those components following a 2D drawing?

I don’t know about you, but toddy 5 axis machining has become a basic requirement and producing a 2d detailed drawing for it is impossible. I started my career from 2d and have a great respect to it and to its global standards. But evolution had brought it to its limits.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW