Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why NX shows small and large letters ? Problem importing.

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

It's odd that NX won't start having added the variable to your Windows system environment variables.  I doubt that restarting Windows will make any difference.  Typically you only need to restart NX when you make a change to the environment variables, however, that can change when you use scripts to launch NX (via Teamcenter, a custom GUI, etc).  @Ken_A explained the order in which the variables are read (and it can get complicated).  You could try setting the same variable in the "User variables", above where you defined the variable as a "System variable", though I suspect you'll see the same result.

Have you considered converting the files to upper in native NX before you import them into Teamcenter?  I can think of two methods and both require setting UGII_OPTION=UPPER.  You may have more success setting this variable locally for native NX than for your managed NX.

1) Open the part files, use Part Cleanup to force a modification on all loaded parts and save them, OR

2) Clone the assembly to a new location.

I've attached a movie showing the two solutions.  Once they're saved as uppercase locally you shouldn't have a problem importing them into Teamcenter.

(view in My Videos)

Regards, Ben

Genius
Genius

Someone suggested adding the UGII_OPTION=UPPER to somewhere in the portal.bat -file.
Is it this C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 11.0\PSTUDIO\portal.bat ?
or this C:\Siemens\TCPROD\TC114T\portal\portal.bat ? ( The Teamcenter's "TCPROD 4-tier"-desktop icon launches this portal.bat )
- Could this work ?
- How portal.bat functions and where to insert the text ?

Genius
Genius
Ok. I think I got it:
1.) Change environment variable UGII_ENV_FILE: ( Windows 7 )
To: -> C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 11.0\UGII\ugii_env.dat

Use only Native NX 11 ( TC 11's NX 11 won't start will stuck at router: ”Routing to application…” )
2.) Now open assembly (partial load off) open all parts.
3.) Clean all parts. Part Cleanup.
4.) Save All.
5.) Now every part in Windows folder was "magically" turned to large letters.

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Glad you finally got it resolved.

You mentioned the portal.bat file - this is the one located in your TC install and is the file that Teamcenter uses when you start NX from within the Teamcenter UI. I use this file to set NX variables between sessions and that way I know I don't have to restart Teamcenter or wonder if the variables I've set in Windows are being read or not.