Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Why there is exclamation mark next to filename in NX

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello everyone,

Do you have idea, why there is exclamation mark next to file name in NX 12? In attachment I send pic, where I show it

exclamation mark.png

best regards

Lukipap

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Why there is exclamation mark next to filename in NX

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

It indicates that something is not upto date in that assembly.

Check 'Out of Date' column in the assembly navigator and 'Up to Date' column in the part navigator.

Regards,
Ganesh Kadole
#IngenuityIsNX | NX - What's New

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

thanks a lot for help Smiley Happy

Legend
Legend

Hi experts

I have an exclamation mark beside my assembly part name.

I checked the assembly and parts and I have an out of date sign here:

assembly out of date.jpg

I don't find its reason.

the only thing not up to date in the assembly file is cameras.

camera.jpg

Can it be the reason of that exclamation mark? How should I resolve it?

Thanks.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@robot139,

It could be anything causing this issue - not knowing if you have anything other than an assembly (WAVE or other links for example), it's almost impossible to diagnose accurately in this instance. Could be an out of date assembly constraint or it could be that you saved a component and failed to save an uplevel sub-asm or top level asm.

Typically, I open the Associativity Manager (Menu -> Assemblies -> WAVE -> Associativity Manager), click on the out of date file and then click the Update Selected Parts button. That will usually take care of the out of date issue but I don't have any Assembly Constraints or WAVE links in my asm's. Those would have to be addressed to truly find the culprit.

Sometimes is just a minor thing and not really a big deal - other times it is a bit more important. That all depends on your assembly and how you're managing updates (delayed, automatic) with constraints, links, etc.

Tim
NX 11.0.2.7 MP11 Rev. A
GM TcE v11.2.3.1
GM GPDL v11-A.3.5.1

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @robot139,

As @TimF suggested use 'Associativity Manager' and check with 'Show Out of Date Objects' to know the details abouts out of date objects. Same you can access by selecting assembly node > RMB > WAVE > Show Out of Date Objects.

Regards,
Ganesh Kadole
#IngenuityIsNX | NX - What's New

Legend
Legend

Hi @TimF

Hi @GaneshKadole

Following your advice I used Associativity Manager and found the source of my problem:

associativity manager.jpg

Then I found the extrude(2) feature mentioned but it doesn't seem to have any problem. Up to date, no warning, no alert...

assembly out of date-2.jpg

I tried to reselect its section and changed limits and parameters without any success.

The only thing I know Is that when I delete Extrude(2) the exclamation mark vanishes imediately! Even with that out of date drawings in the file!

assembly out of date-3.jpg

What's your Idea?

Best Regards

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom
@robot139,

Hard to tell without seeing the bigger picture of how the model is all set up, etc.

How were you defining the limits of the Extrudes that ended up being deleted? Were you using values only or any of the Until Next, Until Extended or Through All types? If so, try using values and see how the assembly behaves. Anything related to a Point in the Sketch defining the Extrudes which were deleted (note that the Associativity Manager reported something about a Point)?

Make sure your Sketch isn't constrained in an atypical manner - look for any relationships between features causing possible issues.
Tim
NX 11.0.2.7 MP11 Rev. A
GM TcE v11.2.3.1
GM GPDL v11-A.3.5.1

Legend
Legend

Hi @TimF

Thank you for your help.

I checked many things. There was no wave link in this assembly. Extrude limits were values. No warning or conflict in the assembly constraints. No issue in sketch. No warning or alert in features. No point in the sketch...

I could not understand what was wrong with that extrude feature.

At last I made a similar extrude at the same timestamp and replaced it with that defected extrude(2). Then I deleted extrude(2) without hurting next features and got rid of that exclamation mark.

Best Regards.