Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window drop down

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Having just moved from NX9 to NX11, I now have a user that wants the Window drop down, to "go back like NX9", where he says the listing was chronological, in the order you opened the parts, and did not change.

I don't ever recall it being like that, but instead showing the last 10 you had displayed, and the list changed as you changed parts.  Now, I didn't use the Window drop down much, relying on the assembly navigator, but was it ever like this?

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
5 REPLIES

Re: Window drop down

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Dave, I just want back to NX 9 and yes it does seem like that is the way it worked. Now with NX 11 the entire way the windows are managed is being updated to accommodate some bigger changes. One that is now in NX 11.0.1 is the isolate in window command, a preview of it can be found here.

Isolate in Window

A couple of things I can think of, you can change your displayed part by clicking on the part you want by using the history resource bar and it keeps the order for you that you opened them in. The other is to use the <CTRL>-<TAB>  to get a preview of each part open and stop on the one you want. This was new in NX 11.0.0.

Scott

Siemens Phenom

Hi @DaveK,

The docs state that "NX displays a numbered list of the 10 most recently opened parts.  The most recent part is displayed at the top of the list".  You can change the displayed part by selecting the number beside the name of the part you want to display.  I can see that if you're used to pulling down the Window menu and looking at the numbers next to parts and expect the number to remain consistent throughout the session, that this would be annoying if the number keeps changing.

Can you open an IR with GTAC to have this investigated?

Thanks, Ben

Gears Phenom

I will encourage the user to do this.

-Dave

Siemens Phenom
I asked development. This is the new behavior going forward, and allows NX to be predictable to users who are familiar with Windows functionality - where the most recently selected application gets pushed to the top of the list when using Alt + Tab. I must admit, I like the new Ctrl + Tab behavior in NX (and I just noticed that it lets me page through my tabs in Firefox as well - I probably could have googled that a long time ago, but it's good to know now).

Gears Phenom

Well, so far I only have one user that does not like the new way.  Hopefully in  acouple weeks, he doesn't even notice it changed, much like the mouse scroll wheel reversal Smiley Happy

-Dave