cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrap/Unwrap Curve

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello guys,

I need to perform wrap operation on a cross section which has fillet in it. (Kindly see attached)

Wrap curve option fails since the entire curve is not developable about a common plane.

Is there anyother options to perform the same in NX ?

Thanks

NX10.0

8 REPLIES

Re: Wrap/Unwrap Curve

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Sathya,

im sure that this will solve your problem, its including developable curve/surface operations which is the same thing you looking for:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Design-Knowledge-Base/NX-Quick-Tips-Wrap-Unwrap-C...

Youtube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDwpILabGmc

Best regards,

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Based on your description, I am not sure why you are having a problem doing this. If you are trying to wrap the rectangular shape about the path you show in the image, the following should help:

• First of all, the wrap/unwrap command requires sheet or solid faces as the target. So you need to extrude your path in order to define the necessary faces for this to work.
  • To ensure that the resulting warpped shape is correct, the rectangular sketch needs to be defined on a plane tangent to the cylindrical face (bend).
  • Other than that, this should just work. I hope the video below uploaded correctly. You can take a look at what I did.

(view in My Videos)

I hope this helps.

Abe

Pioneer
Pioneer

thanks @Abeinjapan for the reply.

Unfortunately I could not get it done. Could you share the model which was used to create the video.

thanks !

Siemens Genius

@sathya

Here's the part file from my movie.

Regards,

Abe

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thanks Abeinjapan.............

It works well with extrude...

My requirement was on the revolved body...Smiley Sad

Siemens Genius

@sathya Now I understand your problem. Wrap curve does not support toroidal faces. Within analytical surfaces only cylindrical, conical or planar are supported. You will need to file an ER to have toroidal faces supported as well.

Regards,

Abe

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

You might be able to do it with global shaping. See @BenBroad's example file here:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Design-Forum/wrap-curve/m-p/369403#M8723

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @cowski1,

I already tried global shaping but I didn't suggest using the command as I didn't like the results I was seeing (based upon my interpretation of the geometry in question).  @sathya, it would help to know about which axis the section is being revolved around - can you upload a 3D screenshot showing the curves in relation to the body?

Regards, Ben