Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

absolute WCS

Creator
Creator

Hi,

Is any body know what is the meaning of " absolute WCS"?  The NX help documentation  uses this term a lot. Is it the absolute coordinate system or the work coordiante system(WCS)?

Capture.JPG

4 REPLIES

Re: absolute WCS

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Absolute WCS refers to 0,0,0 of the current WCS.  If the WCS is moved, the Absolute WCS moves with it.

This is different from the Absolute CSYS, which is always in the same location. (0,0,0)

Siemens Phenom

Absolute WCS is referring to where the 0,0,0 origin of the model is located at as well as the data model orientation of the X,Y.Z vectors.  While there may be several CSYS's in a model, there is only one WCS at any one time and while that WCS may be located somewhere other than at absolute 0,0,0, when someone references something called the 'Absolute WCS' they are referring to this 0,0,0 location and X,Y,Z orientation as if it were a real object.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Creator
Creator

Sorry, I still don't understand. Does it mean that the absolute WCS means the absolute coordinate system of the part, including the origin(0,0,0) and the orientation there axis. 

The other questions is in the documentation screenshot I upload.  "X-Y plane of the displayed part" means the x-y plane in the absolute coordinated system or the xc-yc plane in the WCS of the displayed part?

Thank you.

JohnRBaker wrote:

Absolute WCS is referring to where the 0,0,0 origin of the model is located at as well as the data model orientation of the X,Y.Z vectors.  While there may be several CSYS's in a model, there is only one WCS at any one time and while that WCS may be located somewhere other than at absolute 0,0,0, when someone references something called the 'Absolute WCS' they are referring to this 0,0,0 location and X,Y,Z orientation as if it were a real object.

JohnRBaker wrote:

Siemens Phenom

zhengrong wrote:

Sorry, I still don't understand. Does it mean that the absolute WCS means the absolute coordinate system of the part, including the origin(0,0,0) and the orientation there axis. 

Basically yes.

zhengrong wrote:. 

The other questions is in the documentation screenshot I upload.  "X-Y plane of the displayed part" means the x-y plane in the absolute coordinated system or the xc-yc plane in the WCS of the displayed part?

Since this involves that Mold Wizard, I can't be sure of exactly what the documentation was referring to in this instance.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA