Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add a conic branch tangent to a spline

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I need to add a conic branch that is tangent to a spline. The result looks good, but zooming shows otherwise.

Your help would be appreciated!

111.pngFig.1 The spline (red). ___________________________________________________________________    222.pngFig.2 The conic branch (red) is meant to be tangent to the spline. The grey phantom line is used as contruction line, that is tangent to the spline and holds the conic anchor.333.pngFig.3 Unfortunately the "Point on Curve" contraint is lost!444.pngFig.4 Deleting the contruction line would restore the "Point on Curve"" constraint.

I'm not sure whether so frequent posting would make me unwelcom in this forum. If this is true, please @AmyReyes give me a notice. Thank you!

4 REPLIES

Re: add a conic branch tangent to a spline

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

NX will tessellate display objects (curves, solids, etc) for display in the graphics area. When you zoom in far enough, you can see the tessellations. Try using "update display" after zooming in to refresh the view. These tiny mismatches are (usually) only in the display of the object, the underlying mathematical definition is OK.

Don't worry about frequent posting; there is no issue with that.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @surfactant

As cowski1 said,  frequent posting is not an issue at all.  Smiley Happy Just FYI though I am actually no longer the NX Design community manager, I have moved over to Solid Edge. If you need anything community related, Billy Chanatry @chanatwr is your man! 

Thanks, 

Amy 

Community Manager, Solid Edge
Rules of Participation | Become a Guest Author

Become a Solid Edge Certified pro today!

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi, @cowski1

"Update Display" works, exactly as you said.

All the people in the forum are really very nice and tremendously helpful. Thank you!

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi, @AmyReyes

Sorry for wrong @. Thank you and your colleagues for maintaining this great community!