Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add an object to a group

Genius
Genius
To add/remove an object to/from a group (not Feature Group), I generally need to first find the group under "Groups" node, double click it and then select/deselect the object.

Q1: Is there any way to directly work on the specific object, without going to find and click the group, to do the same job?

Q2: Why can't "New Group" be found in RMB menu for some objects?
Thanks!

ScreenClip.png

ScreenClip [1].png
2 REPLIES

Re: add an object to a group

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @surfactant,

For your second question.

Select Spline either from the GUI or part navigator then Menu > Format > Group > New Group. You should be able to create a new group that contains the selected spline OR

Right click on whitespace in the part navigator and uncheck the option 'Timestamp Order'. Now select the top node of spline and right click. You will see the new group option OR

Hover the cursor on spline in GUI and again hover mouse on ' Spline of Curve-A' from QuickPick dialog and right click. You will see the new group option as shown in the image.

Spline.png

Re: add an object to a group

Genius
Genius

Hi @GaneshKadole   Thanks for the list of solutions!

Your QuickPick method lead me to look at the "Top Selection Priority". It seems that, with any one of the five options, it's impossible to make the spline object as top prority in selection.

Do I miss something? Or  this is simply the way NX works since long? Thanks!

Image.png