Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

back to previous view?

Genius
Genius
Is there any way to go back to the previous view during modelling process, just as in a web browser? Thanks!
7 REPLIES

Re: back to previous view?

Legend
Legend
Hi
If you want to go back to previously view orientation and scale,
You can use 'Restore' command to restore 'saved view'. [Menu→View→Operation→Restore].
But you must 'save' temporary view.
The current View is saved by 'Fit' and 'Regenerate view' command.

Sunkap Ahn, Senior Support Engineer

logo

Genius
Genius

Hi @SKAHN I hope to be able to going foreward and backward anytime during the modelling process. To save a view too often is not a very efficient way. Thanks!

Legend
Legend
Hi.
NX does not save every view changement.
If you want to save significant view and restore it, you can use 'Camaras' from Part Navigator.
Create new camara [Edit > Camera > New..], then you use the list of view from Part Navigator.

Sunkap Ahn, Senior Support Engineer

logo

Genius
Genius

Hi @SKAHN It seems to be impossible to go backward and foreward without saving a view. OK. Thanks!

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I've had former Solidworks users ask about this, and my response has been, "use your spacemouse" (fortunatly we all have them here), and the F8 key.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You might try the bookmarks capability. You can define as many as you want. They're also saved so you may return to any one of them at a later date. Besides view orientation, they also capture hide/show states of objects and rendering styles. You may delete them at any time as needed.

(view in My Videos)

Regards,
Abe

Genius
Genius

Hi @Abeinjapan

Although not a single click solution like backwark/foreward, a bookmark can restore status like hide/show, zoom level, orientation, rendering. It's a good alternative. Thanks!

Hi @DaveK Thanks! Unfortunately I don't have a sapcemouse.