Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bad shape with sweep feature

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello all!

I´m doing a sweep between two circles with an angular separation using a straight guide as shown below:

12-06-2018 08-05-26.jpg

My problem is that the resultant shape is not straight, for some reason the surface start and finish is normal to the section causing a unwanted round shape instead of straight as below:

12-06-2018 08-05-50.jpg

For sure I´m missing some setting in the feature, so I aprecciated if anyone can help me on this!

Thanks.

Pedroso.

4 REPLIES

Re: bad shape with sweep feature

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

You want the start point on each circle to be at the same orientation on each, or else the parameter points don't line up and you get some twist in the surface. For a quick fix, try changing the alignment option to "arc length". If that doesn't work, you can try "align by points" and fiddling with point locations until you eliminate the twist. Or, another alternative is to split the circles into 2 or more arcs, ensuring the arcs start in the same orientation on each circle (sometimes this is easier than fiddling with the "align by points" option).

Phenom
Phenom

Ciao @Pedroso,

use Thruogh Curves instead of Swept!

Ciao

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

The through curve mentioned by @Cesare is probably a better choice for the simple geometry that you are working with, but note that it can suffer from the same "parameter twist" as the swept feature.

parameter_twist.PNG

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thanks cowski1 It helped a lot!!