Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: bug with expression?

Genius
Genius

Hi @PareshDeshmukh   Thanks! The "-" is the minus symbol and typed in the value box, not the name box.

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi @surfactant The error pops-up only on using the rename MB3option and not on the Edit option. Rename is happening in the cell from the Expression column and not the Value column.It is actually the name of the expression that is getting modified. When the name contains the "-" operator the error is encountered.

Edit option is unavailable once u have already linked it with some other expression copied to the clipboard.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

i think the thing is when you "click, pause, then click again" you are changing the value; when you "rename" it will rename the expression and "memorize" the action "rename" if you then click,pause,click it will rename the expression instead of value, but again he should allways edit the value of expression, the thing is that nx is forcing him to go to the editor to change the value. because the edit disapears as is memorizing the rename thing i think (i still didnt had the time to test it)

W10 - NX 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - MW - Journaling || vegetagaru @ engtips

Genius
Genius

Hi @PareshDeshmukh   Thank you! Yes, you should be right and maybe it's my fault to mistake the Rename state with the Expression state. I would be very careful in the future. And it's good to know that the availability of Edit option in the Details tab depends on the content of the clipboard. I must say that this design is a little difficult to understand.

Hi @RomeuJanuario   Thank you! You explanation about the action memory in the Details tab is very helpful!

I want to suggest some improvement to the Details tab. Why not simply add a separate column "Name"? The current column "Expression", used for both name and expression, does cause big confusion.

Thanks again!

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

i agree with you that collums should be separated to avoid miss errors you can also open a PR directly to siemens for it im a mere user like you Smiley Tongue

W10 - NX 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - MW - Journaling || vegetagaru @ engtips

Genius
Genius

Hi @RomeuJanuario   Thanks!

Highlighted

Genius
Genius

Hi @PareshDeshmukh

Edit option is unavailable once u have already linked it with some other expression copied to the clipboard.

I'm not sure whether I understand your statement above correctly.

As shown below, no matter what's in the clipboard, either "0.5" "abc" or anything else, the Edit option is never available.

Do I miss something? Thanks!

Image.png

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

Hi @surfactant,

It seems to me that as soon as the value contains math that Edit is no longer available.  If the value is just a number I always get Edit.  If Edit is not available, you can still edit the value in the Details pane by slow-double-clicking the cell (as a fast-double-click will open the Expressions dialog).

Regards, Ben

Ben Broad | PLM Enthusiast | Siemens GCSS

NX (v17 - 1876) | Teamcenter (9 - 12)
Value Based Licensing | Adaptive UI | BETA Registration

Genius
Genius

Hi @BenBroad   Thank you for sharing! I would use the slow-double-clicking method you suggested.