Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: button for cutomized model view?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@surfactant,

If you use visual basic to compile the journal into a dll then the time lag will go away. As I am not well versed on what you need to do to set up the visual basic environment you'll need to look at the programming forum for help.

So once you have a dll you can point the button's action to the dll instead of the original journal vb file.

Regards,
Abe

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor
You'll need an NX API author license to compile your journal code to a dll file.

Genius
Genius

Hi @Abeinjapan   Thanks for info on compiling dll!

Hi @cowski1   Thanks for your advice!

As an alternative to the journal, I'd suggest orienting the view the way you like and saving it. You can quickly change back to your saved view and orientation by double clicking it in the "model views" shown in the part naviator.

Generally in my daily work, the node "Model Views" in the part navigator is folded to leave maximum space for "Model History". To frequently unfold the node and find the custom view seems not to be very practical.

You'll need an NX API author license to compile your journal code to a dll file.

I'm not sure whether we have this license. Macro seems to be good enough for the simple job. Let me have a study of the official documentation first and try to solve the pop-up error message.