Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

center symmetric constraint?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi everyone,

I can'f find a center symmetric constraint in NX. Is there any reason to not have it?

Thank you!

8 REPLIES

Re: center symmetric constraint?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Sketch constraint, or assembly constraint?

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Dave,

I mean sketch constraint. In some cad packages, symmetric constraint works on three points too.

Experimenter
Experimenter

There is an option in the more tab in the sketch enviornment.

Does this help??

Symmetric Constrain

Pioneer
Pioneer
No. That is symmetry about a mirror line, I am talking of a symmetry about a point. For instance, how can you draw a rectangle around the origin and make sure the origin is in the center? With center symmetric constraint, I can just select the origin and other two diagonal point of the rectangle.

Phenom
Phenom

Mid-point constraint will achieve the rectangle case.

Select top or bottom line, select point make midpoint constraint, repeat for one of the side lines.

This will work for squares and rectangles at an angle.

The midpoint constraint is perpendicular to the line.

Phenom
Phenom

@QQWhat you are talking about is a predefined shaped that is controlled with two diagonals bisecting lines (SW rectangle sketch option). The first point you define is the actual mid point/intersection point of the diagonals and the second is the upper right corner point. It's a quick way to get a rectangle centered on the origin.

Phenom
Phenom

no need for construction lines

see attached

rectange_centred.PNG

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thank you guys for your help. The midpoint constraint works very well in the rectangle case. For center symmetric feature, radial pattern is good enough. I see, there is no need for a center symmetric constraint.