Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

component quantity is not shown correctly in partl ist in NX 7.5

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am using Teamcenter8.0 and NX7.5, We have an issue in getting the assembly quantity in the part list in assembly;
my assembly is having many components out of which,i am calling a standard component in an assembly 22 times.
when i go to drafting and create a part list, the quantity of this component is split into 2 rows (that is in one row it shows 16 items, and in next row it is showing 6 items)

i observed that in the ANT the for the 16 components the quantity column is showing as 1.0000mm and for other 6 components i am seeing as 1.
and DB_quantity attribute is present for 16 components and for another 6 it is not there.

Thanks

user

1 REPLY

Re: component quantity is not shown correctly in partl ist in NX 7.5

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Check which column in your parts list is the 'key field'. Best practice in my opinion is that only one column is a key field. The key field is what determines how many rows to create. If something is unique in the key field column it gets its own row. If it's not unique the ones that are the same are combined.

Hard to explain verbally, but we have a video about parts list which covers this on our tips site: https://vimeo.com/album/3065578/video/106565338
Anthony Galante, Senior Support Engineer
PhoenxPLM
24 versions of NX installed: NX4 to NX12, plus TC11.2