Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

constrain import components using coordinate system constraints.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello:

Can someone take a look at the 3 image attachment and tell me how I can constrain via coors sys.

As you can see both part A and B have coord sys but when I go to assemble them I have no way to

pick on them to constrain.

Thanksassembly.jpgpart a.jpgpart b.jpg

8 REPLIES

Re: constrain import components using coordinate system constraints.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

If you change the reference sets of each part to "entire part", you'll be able to pick anything in the part for constraints. However, the "entire part" reference set brings a lot of clutter with it; when there are "helper" objects in the parts that I want to constrain to (but not always see in the assembly), I like to create a "constraint" reference set that contains the main body and any supporting objects to use in constraints. In the assembly, switch the component to the "constraint" reference set and create the constraints. When finished with the constraints, change back to the "model" reference set to clean up the display.

Re: X, Y, Z coordinates

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Can you try Touch/Align? Use CSYS as selection filter option and select the two CSYS 

1113.jpgBest Regards

Kapil

Siemens Phenom

Hi MechDzyner,

If I understand correctly you can see the CSYS'es but not select them to create your constraints? I suggest to check what layer settings you have. I believe that your referencesystems are on layer set to Visible Only. Check what layer your CSYS'es are on and change that layer to. Ensure that the layer where your Datum's reside is Selectable by having the checkbox active (red tick in the box), and ensure that the Visible Only is toggeled off (no tick in the Visible Only column)

Best regards

Fred

Layers.jpg

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hey there all:

Want to say thanks for all of your help.

Just the results I wanted. step 1.jpgstep 2.jpgstep 3.jpgstep 4g.jpgcompleted.jpgcutters.jpg

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Nice rendering!

Siemens Phenom
As an engineer this brings tears of joy to my eyes. Awesome work there and thanx for these great renderings of your final product. Love to see your results and progress. Once again awesome work there.

Keep up the good work!

Best Regards
Fred

Siemens Phenom

Marvellous renderings..... Did you use NX for these renderings?

Best Regards

Kapil

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi there Kapilsharma:

No I did not use NX for my renderings. I use the application from SAP called Riight Hemispheres Deep Exploration.RHDE.jpg