Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy to 3D problems

Genius
Genius

I tried to use copy to 3D command in NX drafting. But I can't select my views. How to make my views available?

Capture.JPG

Thanks

6 REPLIES

Re: copy to 3D problems

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @SeanHAI,

From the NX documentation "You cannot use the Copy to 3D command for Base view types. This command is only available for Drawing view types."

Untitled.png

Genius
Genius

Thanks for the reply,

I can't draw the draft for Drawing View automatically instead I can only draw the line manually by myself, it is so annoying. How to fill the Drawing View?

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @SeanHAI,

The intent is that you create new geometry in a Drawing View.  You can copy geometry from a Base view to a Drawing View, but expect the result to be flattened in that Drawing View plane.  A part can have existing geometry in the Modeling environment prior to using Copy to 3D.

To add geometry to a Drawing View, right click the Drawing View border and select "Active Sketch View".  Now use the Curve and Sketch tools to create geometry in that view.  Once you've added your geometry use Copy to 3D to create a copy of the Drawing View geometry to the 3D Modeling environment.  Drafting Sketches become Sketch features in Modeling, however, the copied geometry has no association back to the Drawing View.

Regards, Ben

Siemens Phenom

Hi,

I fully agree with Ben reply.

You can also use entities from existing base view in the drawing view (add something to them also ...drawing your own curves on top of the copied curves).Surely lot of options you can avail.

(view in My Videos)

Best Regards

Kapil

Siemens Phenom

(view in My Videos)

Siemens Phenom

Not sure why the video content is shown CONTENT NOT AVAILABLE