Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating a FCF with horizontal text, flag leader - NX10

Creator
Creator

I'm trying to create a feature control frame for an angled surface, but I want the text to be displayed horizontally and not in-line with the surface.  But, when using the "feature control frame" button in the Annotation tab, the FCF is always in-line with the surface when using the Flag leader.  The second pic shows how I want the FCF displayed (horizontally); I had to fudge this with a sketched line and moving a FCF to be in-line with it.

I tried adjusting the lettering angle in settings (which didn't do anything), and I tried transform (ctrl + T) to no avail.

Is there any way to do this properly?

Thanks,

WRM

4 REPLIES

Re: creating a FCF with horizontal text, flag leader - NX10

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hold Shift key while creating FCF and check the resulting orientation.

Regards,
Ganesh

Creator
Creator

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but after I specify what I want the specifics of the FCF to be in the dialog window, I click "flag" for leader and then click "select terminating object".  But, when I depress the shift key, it won't allow me to select the surface that I want to associate the FCF with.  Once I release the shift key though, it will allow me to select normally.

Am I supposed to hold down the shift key at a different point in the process?

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

The way to get the desired appearance is to use a Plain leader attached to the dimension line with the arrowhead set to none.

Flag leaders will always force the FCF to align with the angle of the attachement object.

Creator
Creator

Thanks Marc; that works!