Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

decimal point input

Experimenter
Experimenter

In NX10 when inputing numbers with decimals I have to input period as separator, but I would like to input comma instead, because comma is on numerical pad, where numbers are and period is 'far' away, in the middle of the keyboard. Is there any setting for that?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: decimal point input

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

There's nothing in NX itself that will allow that behavior, that is when selecting the comma key in the numerical keypad, on what I assume is a European keyboard, and having the system interpret this as entering a period.  We are also unaware of any setting in Windows that would accomplish the same thing.  Sorry.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Siemens Phenom

After doing a Google search, I found this item which might help:

http://superuser.com/questions/747250/dot-instead-of-comma-on-numerical-keyboard

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Siemens Phenom

here's the trick i use. 

When you set the  Windows - Control panel - Region and Language - Change  keyboards and other input methods - ( new dialog -) Keyboard and Laguages - Change Keyboards...

Under the General tab, make sure that you have both your local language keyboard AND an English keyboard installed. ( if you have to add this keyboard, make sure that the default input language is correct.

Then select the tab Advanced Key Settings and verify that the default hotkey to swap input keyboard is Left Alt+Shift.

( The above is all default in Sweden and do not need to be touched.)

When you have NX running, click the NX window such that it has focus press Left Alt+Shift.  This NX session will use an english keyboard until you either close the session or press the hotkey again.Other programs in the same windows session will not be affected. The keyboard switch is per program.

Regards,

Tomas

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for help. I found solution in that topic in superuser.com forum. I used AutoHotKey with script NumpadDot::. as mentioned in that topic and it is very simple to use. I just start script with shortcut and if I don't want to use dot instead of comma any more, I disable script in system tray in Windows. Very good solution. Of course it would be even more simple to have a setting for that in NX.

But also second solution with swapping keyboard language might be useful.